Aston Eyre Church
Parking, open daylight hours
Aston Eyre Church has no known dedication and is a Chapel-of-Ease of St. Gregory’s Morville. The church was built in 1132 for the owners of Aston Hall which was converted to agricultural use in the 18th century and is now a ruin. The stone carving over the south door is regarded as the best example of Norman carving in Shropshire, protected from the weather by the porch. It depicts Christ's entry into Jerusalem. The church is a simple two-cell Norman structure with a bell-cote rather than a tower. It sits in the centre of this small hamlet.
More details on the Bridgnorth Team Ministry website
Pictures by Lionel Wall