Tugford

St Catherine

This lovely simple and unspoilt village church is grade 11* listed and lies in the Corvedale at the foot of Clee Hill. It is  mainly Norman, while the tower dates from 1720.  Inside the south doorway are two sheela na gigs and there are unusual tomb-recesses. The bells, restored in 2006, date back to 1635

 

.

 

 

 

Photo:© Copyright Basher Eyre and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.