MEMBERSHIP FOR 2018-2019 IS DUE NOW. Click here for the membership form. The cost remains at £60 for two years. A new brochure will appear in 2019.
See the latest newsletter, Autumn 2018 here
Stokesay Church, visited on our coach trip.
SCTG is a network of unparalleled Shropshire churches and chapels in the county, which have dominated the landscape and life of communities for more than a thousand years. All our churches offer visitors both a warm welcome and features of interest.
SCTG is an ecumenical body of self-motivated people interested in the development and promotion of church tourism to enhance the visitor’s appreciation and enjoyment of Shropshire. SCTG is a fully constituted voluntary organisation.
Are you visiting Shropshire ? This website gives you all the information you need to start exploring our churches.
Are you part of a church community in Shropshire? Find out more about the benefits of being a member of the SCTG.
The coach trip to South Shropshire was a great success, click here to see the photographs.
Fit for Function 2 – Leominster Priory – 2nd October 2018
Following last year’s successful Fit for Function event in Wolverhampton, offering parishes the opportunity to learn more about managing a church building or community project, Fit for Function 2 is coming to Herefordshire!
This year’s ecumenical event for parishes takes place on Tuesday 2nd October 2018 at the Leominster Priory between9.30am and 3.30pm, and offers a wealth of information and opportunities.
This year’s keynote speaker is Bishop John Inge, Bishop of Worcester, and there will be a series of breakout sessions throughout the day, exploring topics as diverse as:
- Consulting and engaging with communities (Keely Tattersfield, community consultation expert)
- Grant funding dos and don’ts (Simon Whaley, Diocese of Hereford)
- How to work with an architect (Naomi Fisher, of Apec Architects)
- Consulting tips (Wendy Coombey, Diocese of Hereford)
- Understanding community and people activities for Heritage Lottery Funded place of worship projects (led by HLF)
- Practical health and safety tips (Kevin Thomas, Ecclesiastical Insurance)
- Applying for Awards for All funding (Steve Baylis, Archdiocese of Birmingham)
Follow us on Facebook www.facebook.com/discovershropshirechurches/