Moreton Say

St Margaret of Antioch, Moreton Say

TF9 3RS Parking, Toilet by arrangement 01630 638054 Open daylight hours BST

The church dates back to the 12th century, when it was founded as a chapel of Hodnet; the current structure being completed in 1788. The interior has number of monuments to local families, which include Lord Clive (Clive of India) who was buried “within the walls of the church” on 30 November 1774.The brick walls conceal an inner stone structure. There is a fine west gallery and a beautiful stained glass window. 

Visit their website to read about the work of the church community.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Photo: AMICA website