Madeley

St Michael 

TF7 5BN  parking in local supermarket, disabled access, WC  key at vicarage or call Parish Office 01952 585718

 

Built in 1796 by Thomas Telford, the third church on this site, and following refurbishment in 2009, St Michael's beautifully combines the traditional and the modern to provide a versatile venue for worship, concerts and community ventures. Famously, John Fletcher was a vicar here and the pulpit from which he and his close friend John Wesley preached is still in use. The graveyard is of historic interest e.g. the cast iron 'miners' grave for the nine men of Madeley and Fletcher's grave. 


St.Michael's Church is part of Madeley Team Ministry within the parish of Madeley, Telford, Shropshire. The church at Sutton Hill, occupies its own purpose built Worship Centre, and the church at Woodside worships in the Park Lane Centre.

The Parish of Madeley is situated in the south of the East Shropshire new town of Telford, approximately forty miles west of Birmingham.
The many wooded pit mounds around the town are a reminder of its former importance as a mining town. The town still contains a number of historic buildings including the Blists Hill Museum, part of the Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage Site.

A warm welcome awaits you.

 

Read more about the church community of St Michael.