Jackfield, St Mary the Virgin
St Mary the Virgin
Erected in 1863, designed by Sir Arthur Bloomfield and built entirely of locally sourced material including excellent example of tiles, patterned and hand-painted, and red, blue, yellow and buff bricks. Windows with plate tracery and west wheel window claimed to be of School of Pre-Raphaelites. Some woodwork dates from the mid-18th century and was removed from an old Chapel of Ease. Unusual spire-topped turret.
Read more about the work of St Mary and the other churches in the Broseley Benefice.